Monday, July 18, 2011

We all want peace

Hare Krishna,
I have been thinking about that man I met yesterday.  He was expressing that he wishes he had peace.  He has the spiritual focus, he has the raw food super-diet, the healthy body, and he has the time.  But he lacks peace in his heart and mind.  He wishes for the "peace that passes understanding."  He extolled on his spiritual pursuits and said he had "read" on "all" the different religions, including Krishna Consciousness.  The catch though, is that Krishna can never be understood or experienced simply through books.  Krishna can't even be experienced through books and chanting and trying to practice Krishna Consciousness.  Krishna is experienced through service with devotees.  We must absolutely spend time with devotees and be doing service, while also doing our practices.  It's a science.  It cannot be understood by the mind only.  The intelligence only goes so far.  At some point we have to let go and just try it.  We can only understand Krishna through His devotees and no other way, ever.      
Ever-playful Radha Krishna
I simply listened to him and pondered the situation.  He was quite intelligent, nice and humanitarian, but it was easy for me to see his limitations that are holding him back from his spiritual ideals.  (I pray to see my own limitations and faults so easily).  I hope he finds that peace.  And I hope we do also.
I feel that spiritual peace very regularly through any service I dedicate to Krishna.  When I forget Krishna, then all hell starts to break loose.  I'm actually very fallen and weak but Krishna is causelessly merciful and patient with me.  If we can simply give Krishna a chance with us; just stop thinking we know this, we've seen that, and just allow Krishna to work on us.  We need humility.  Please Krishna help us to serve and be humble.  Jai Sri Krishna, Jai Mahaprabhu, Jai Srila Prabhupada.   Haribol.  



The beautiful morning sun illuminates the altar
Krishna's breakfast!  "A breakfast fit for God"
The new Fig tree for the orchards 




No comments:

Post a Comment