Friday, July 29, 2011

Krishna is SO kind, He allows anyone to serve

Hare Krishna,
Many new things are happening now in our little world of Louisville Sankirtan.  I just had two guests stay here who I met at the Bonnaroo music festival.  They were nice, sincere young men.  They have gone through some very serious trials and spiritual struggles as they left a very long, incredibly misleading and incredibly harmful involvement in a new age occult group.  It was challenging at times to hear their incredibly intense tales but I think Krishna brought them here for a reason-to fill them with His mercy and encourage them to chant His Holy Names.  I did the best I could to serve them, stuff them with Prasadam and give them the association of Srila Prabhupada and Radhanath Swami.  I hope the best for them and they will be in my prayers.
The Divine Lotus Feet of Radha-Krishna overpowers all evil and all fear.

Yesterday, I was feeling some troubles in my mind.  I was hearing other people's concerns and fears about this project and I started thinking "How am I supposed to do this?  How will it all work out?  How will we afford this?"  I was feeling some trouble like this, trying to materially calculate.  I then just decided to trust and forget my mental doubts.    
Right after that a huge success happened.  Our ads on a world-wide devotee forum went up after weeks of waiting, and responses immediately came in offering assistance.  One Indian gentlemen offered to send cases of books and laxsmhi for the Iskcon Prison Ministry service.  Chaitanya Mahaprabhu ki Jai!!!!!  I'll be so glad to get these books out, already over a dozen prisoners are sincerely asking for them.

Then, another man from Mumbai wrote me saying he's interested in possibly coming here and living and doing sankirtan full-time, and sounded sincere.  So that is very intriguing and I wrote him back.  I actually love to live with inspired Indian devotees.  If he seems seriously interested I'll have to share an intriguing little detail about his name on this blog later......

Also happening is the garden.  Things are growing!  Everything looks very happy and it's growing super fast.   By Krishna's mercy we may get something to cook and make a nice offering for Krishna.

A Baby Butternut Sqaush plant looking great.
Figs have such a magical, Holy presence.

The new compost pile
Yard-Long Bean plants 
I've been working out the details with Maria at Shine about the kirtan programs at her studio.  Looks like we'll be doing once a week starting August, most likely on Sundays.

Now that the house is getting in order, I feel a pull to be more active in the community.  When more donations and books come in I'm looking forward to doing some sankirtan and books.  I'd like to do a book table outside this Indian store where I know the young owners.  They're very wacky and favorable, yet very modern Hindu-ish.  I'll tell there colorful story some other time!

So, right now I feel so thankful to Krishna.  Although I'm so fallen and foolish, He's mercifully letting things move forward and allowing me to serve.  Right when I was feeling some struggle He stepped in and doused me with flowers and nectar.  May I distribute that nectar to others.  What little thing I can do, He is allowing and reciprocating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment