Tuesday, July 12, 2011

(Re)breaking ground

This morning I felt a strong urge to get going with the gardening (very late start!) So after chanting japa for about an hour I re-broke some ground for the garden bed.  I say re-broke because I gardened in this exact same spot over 12 years ago, and did for several years.  I even found an old buried zucchini plant tag.  I also layered some blackberry plants (easy propagation technique in the photo below).
My foray into the hatha yoga studio scene was extremely hot and a bit stressful today, but I found bliss in this service anyway.  It was mostly uneventful, only met two yoga teachers (who were nice and very southern), the rest of the centers were closed.  So I did what I could.  I also donated a Bhagavad Gita to the local library.  I also went shopping for Krishna and got some local organic peaches, a lot of other bhoga (food) and some gardening supplies, including seeds and organic mushroom compost. :)



It's been a bit of a challenging day but I am happy and feeling more centered now that I'm out of traffic and the blessed rainstorms are cooling everything off, whew!  Thank you rain (Indra).  So I carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment