Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chainsawing can be devotional service

Hare Krishna,
So, that wonderful rainstorm the other day took down a large limb off a tree in my mom's front yard.  So, I decided to take it down myself.  I borrowed a chainsaw from my elderly neighbors and got to it.  As I was sawing I was thinking about any nice uses of the wood for Krishna...legs for a table?  Maybe firewood for a snowy campfire kirtan party?  Sounds nice, right? 

My new-found ecstasy is decorating this little altar with flowers every morning.  I'm getting really into it.  I'm making progress on the house too.  The kitchen is almost finished and it's so nice to have a clean kitchen with all new suchi (never used for meat; clean) pots and pans for Krishna.  Jai.  It's also cooled down a bit, which is a relief.  I finished one garden bed last night and applied lots of compost and natural fertilizer, and today I'll start planting beans and squash and see what happens.  It's a bit late, but we'll see.  I'm planning on trying to have a gathering and housewarming here at the house in the next week or two and inviting some people over.  Wanna come over and chant and feast?






No comments:

Post a Comment