Monday, July 25, 2011

Krishna's Grace


HH Radahanath Swami reaching out to bless me (Detroit, Michigan June 2011).  Radhanath Swami
is merciful towards the most fallen and degraded. 
I feel so blessed to have this picture.  Not many of these were taken by the photographer, and so I'm so fortunate that this was taken and posted online.  I was so extremely eager in this picture to speak with Radhanath Swami, as always.  I only had a very brief moment but it was sweet and meaningful.  

I sometimes go through so many intense emotions in one day.  I've been feeling this strong wave of grace coming over me today.  I noticed also that I am feeling very situated in what I am doing right now. I don't feel any wonderlust or any doubts.  But I feel much separation from Vrindavan, even though I've never been.  I feel cursed and blessed at the same time to be here doing what I'm doing.  Cursed sometimes to be in such a degraded place (this whole material world, actually) but overwhelmingly blessed to be knowledgeable about the eternal supreme spiritual journey and the path of loving devotion to God, Bhakti.  
Do we have any idea at all how Srila Prabhupada struggled with life and death. poverty, threats, homelessness and disease just to bring these teachings to the USA?  Whatever any of us do is simply tailgating after Srila Prabhupada.  He set up everything for us through his life and his death.  He gave us everything we need to go back home, back to Godhead.  It's an absolute honor to serve in whatever microscopic way I can.  Please let me do more, Lord.
This world is all a big test.  How much we love and serve others is how much spiritual consciousness we have.  This world will overtake us like weeds overtake a garden if we are not very, very careful.  That's why I stress the importance of daily, serious spiritual practice, sadhana.  Sadhana is cleansing of the temple, and pulling the weeds around it.  Please clean this filthy, smelly, weedy heart of mine, Krishna.   

No comments:

Post a Comment