Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simply Bliss

"Our movement is for ananda, simply bliss, and the method of pushing this movement is chanting, dancing, feasting and philosophizing."  Srila Prabhupada 1969  Jai!
Today was a special day.  Actually everyday is a very, very special day.  It's a day in which we can either come closer to God or to become lost in the world.  It's a day where we can work on ourselves, weed out our negative tendencies, question our fears and attachments, and study the words of wise spiritual teachers.
It can either be a step forward or a few steps back.  It's all really an internal journey however.  We need to use everyday to cultivate our hearts as gardens of love and devotion to God and to weed out all the nasty stuff.
Krishna is in my heart and I never feel lonely or alone.

Planting fruit trees is such a wonderful and useful thing to do.
Major progress today on the project.  Got a fig tree planted next to the south side of the house, for warmth.  Beans and squash are coming up in the garden.  I also did some major cleaning as well as weeding and cleaning up trash around the yard.

I get SO much inspiration from my siksha (instructing) guru His Holiness Radhanath Swami.   I absolutely trust him with my life and soul.  His classes are so incredible and can be found here:




http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/index.php?q=f&f=%2F02_-_ISKCON_Swamis%2FISKCON_Swamis_-_R_to_Y%2FHis_Holiness_Radhanath_Swami%2FLectures%2F01_-_Theme_wise

All wild flowers today, and very fragrant.  I love the tiny little white ones,
they are especially fragrant and grow on a nice wild vine.
 We found out a few days ago that my mother has cancer.  So I put her on a 100% raw vegan diet and she actually likes it.  She's also reading Radhanath Swami's autobiography, The Journey Home.  She also does service for Krishna and reads the Gita sometimes.  I'm also getting her acupuncture and reiki treatments.  Since my Dad passed away last year, I've become something of a guardian for her.    

The Divine Eternal Couple Radha-Krishna
When we dedicate every day to Krishna, then that day becomes perfect and happy.  I pray to dedicate every day to serving Krishna and the devotees.    Jai Srila Prabhupada.

No comments:

Post a Comment