Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Year Victory

Hare Krishna,
Today was a really intense day.  I had a wonderful morning of sadhana and chanting.  Today was ekadasi, so it was fast from grains and beans.
I went downtown to the "yoga studio" to meet the manager Maria.  It is a clean and attractive two-story structure in the heart of downtown.  I was greeted by a very nice, spiritually-oriented lady in her fifties who asked "Are you the Das?"  Very nice question, as "das" means servant, and that is the Yogi's ultimate goal.  So I said yes.  She was a member of the center and introduced me to Maria, a bright, enthusiastic and conscious and kind-hearted mother who was very eager to speak to me right away.  She led me into the yoga space and we sat on a big round rug and she asked me to tell her about myself.  So I spoke of my background and travels, my alternative living history, my time in Hawai'i and how I became a yogi.  I spoke a bit about my temple life and pursuit of Krishna Consciousness, but kept it brief and simple.  She infomed me that the center is definitely not a yoga center, but something of an eclectic healing center and dance/yoga/art center.  Even better.  She also informed me that it is the first day of the Mayan New Year, and commented that it was an auspicious meeting.  Indeed!

We shared and talked for almost an hour and it went extremely well.  She would like to have me start the programs in August and felt very positive about it.  She allowed me to share and be myself and she had very open and conscious energy, which was conducive for things going well.  It's a very interesting place and I can see I will likely become pretty heavily involved in what's happening there.

As soon as I got back to the center I sat down to feast on some fruit and a recording of Radhanath Swami's lecture was playing.  He said that for a devotee, they don't even consider how materially things will work out, or worry about it.  They simply put all faith that Krishna will provide and establish everything necessary.  It was perfect timing.  Radhanath Swami ki jai!
So it was a very good day over all.  That was a big move forward today.  Krishna is very kind and merciful.

No comments:

Post a Comment