Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shelter of Mahaprabhu

Hare Krishna,
Today has been a bit of a heavy day.  The world needs better, healthier communication and more understanding.  I need more compassion.  Day by day we must grow and perfect our heart.
One interesting and very promising development has been that I am now communicating with a senior Vaishnava couple living in India who have become interested in our project.  They seem very intrigued and I'm hoping that my own personal disqualifications and anarthas do not dissuade them from exploring more.  They seem incredibly inspired and devoted.  And they have exquisite deities of Jaganath, Baladeva and Subadra, Jai!  They could become a cornerstone of the whole project.
This Sunday is the first Kirtan program at Shine, so I'm stoked about that.  Tomorrow I will be going out and putting up some flyers about it and doing some errands for the center.
Recently I've started a personal study of the Caitanya Caritamrta, the past times and history of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and my God, it is the Supreme Nectar.  It's become the highlight of my day.

The effulgent Supreme Godhead Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
I'm going to start a study of it online on the blog soon, please stay posted.  Here's an excerpt from a purport by Srila Prabhupada:

"The Supreme Lord, who is greater than the greatest, becomes submissive to even a very insignificant devotee because of his devotional service.  It is the beautiful and exalted nature of devotional service that the infinite Lord becomes submissive to the infinitesimal living entity because of it.  In reciprocal devotional activities with the Lord, the devotee actually enjoys the transcendental mellow quality of devotional service."  C.C. Adi Lila 7:145

Jai, devotional service, ki Jai!  Once we get a taste for service, nothing else compares.  This becomes more clearly experienced in time.  I've begun to realize that nothing else compares at all really.  I've fallen away from devotional service and gone back to it enough times now to see, it really is the greatest source of happiness in this world.  Connection to God is the ultimate experience.  And Krishna makes it so easy and sweet, "If one offers me with Love and Devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit, or water, I will accept it. " BG 9:26.
How hard is that?  Only as difficult as we make it.  Please, Nityananda Prabhu, please give us the strength to serve with love and devotion, unceasingly, everyday.  Please remove all impediments to our faith and devotion and love.  We're begging you to mold us into the humble, ideal servants of the Vaishnavas, the spiritual master, and RadhaKrishna.  
Srila Prabhupada eternally engaged in the loving service of RadhaKrishna

No comments:

Post a Comment