Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Krishna is Blue

Yesterday was my birthday.  Two guests from India, living in the US, stayed with us two nights ago.  We had kirtan and prasadam together and shared stories; it was enlivening and inspiring.  In the afternoon yesterday I went to the University and met some students and distributed some transcendental literatures to people.  And, it was really, really blissful.  The best part was that I ran into a young lady named Claire whom I had met last Summer when I was essentially doing the same thing.  She was really happy to see me and I asked her if I could come over and put on a kirtan program at her house (like I had done last Summer), and she said that would be great!  So I am eagerly awaiting to do that, hopefully this weekend.  She explained that one young man who was at the kirtan program last Summer, Ryan, had been very inspired by the whole event.  This was a relief to hear, as I had not heard from him in almost a year and I had been concerned.
 The afternoon was so perfectly orchestrated, how I felt compelled to go to the school right at that moment and then "just happened" to run into Claire, as well as meeting so many nice students who were interested in the path of Bhakti.  It was great.  Afterwards I went on a picnic in the park and of course foraged for pawpaws.  

Here's something to seriously brighten your day:
http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/video/russia-kirtan
" Being freed from attachment, fear and anger, being fully absorbed in Me and taking refuge in Me, many, many persons in the past became purified by knowledge of Me- and thus they all attained transcendental love for Me.  


All of them-as they surrender unto Me- I reward them accordingly.  Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Prtha (Arjuna).  "  Bhagavad Gita 4:10-11


This has been my personal experience.  Going to the college to meet students is a bit challenging of a thing to do.  But I felt so confident yesterday I just had to go do it.  And Krishna "rewarded" me with a deep sense of satisfaction and happiness that I had not felt for some time, because I took a risk for Him and got out of my comfort zone.  Also, I feel that meeting Claire again was such a fantastic thing to have happen.  Overall, i felt yesterday was an incredible success.  I feel encouraged to go out more, now that school has started.  chant Hare Krishna and be happy!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment